I spend too much money on coffee and flights.

A Little Recap

I write to you from a plane to Venice, flat out exhausted. An hour ago I was in Vienna, and two days before that Hamburg, Germany. So, the question everyone asks... "do I regret the decision of a fast paced trip that stubborn, young, naiive me determinately planned (with my two bestfriends)"? With a smile on my face I say not for a second. I can tell you I wake up rushed, running to catch trains while downloading my next boarding pass. I wake up to 5 am alarms, scarfing down breakfast, yawning, with my eyes still closed. I can also tell you I've been to London, to Amsterdam, to Berlin, to Hamburg, to Vienna... and this is only the beginning. I've ridden double decker buses and bikes, trams, taxis and trains, subways, ferries, and planes. I've seen Big Ben, the Amsterdam canals, the Berlin Wall, and Venice vineyards. I've had tea and biscuits in London, gelato in Amsterdam, and Haagen-Dazs ice cream in Berlin (sweet tooth?).


A lot of people called us crazy when we told them our plan was to constantly be on the move for nine weeks. That's right, 19 places in nine weeks, yes maybe we are a bit crazy. The comments went something like this, "That's not enough time in Italy..., you are going to be rushed. Are you sure you know what you're getting yourself into?" We even sat with a travel agent with a long list of places and she actually looked at us and laughed - telling us the trip was impossible. Quite honestly no we didn't know what to expect, we just knew that we were stubborn and determined to see it all. So we left her office and we pulled out a map ourselves. 

Part of me wants to go back to that travel agent and pass on our itinerary. 19 places in 9 weeks...challenge accepted. 5 down 14 to go. 

Brooke

This photograph was taken along a beach in Venice. 

You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Just You & Me. Design by MangoBlogs.